How to Create Pitch Charts with Python
A guest post by Gregory Brunner
I have been interested in looking at MLB pitch data and play-by-play for a while now, however, I have not found any good blog posts or tutorials for doing this. So during the MLB Playoffs, while I was checking the score of Cubs vs. Dodgers, Game 5 on Yahoo! it struck me that there is probably a way to get the live game data from Yahoo! while the game is in progress. So I poked around and found that there is! In this post, I will review what I found and how to use the data to make pitch charts using the data from World Series Game 7.
- St. Louis Bike Trails with Open Data from Great Rivers Greenway
- How to Map the Infrared Universe with Astropy and ArcGIS
- Mapping NBA Player Movement in 2D and 3D
- Shotcharts Revisited - From NBA Stats to Feature Service in Less Than 20 Lines of Code
- Analyzing Landsat Image Metadata with the Spatial DataFrame