CSV to GeoJSON
I was excited last week when GitHub announced support for in-repository rendering of GeoJSON. I had a few CSV files with points in them, and I wanted to try out this new feature.
So I wrote my own solution.
- I’m just using two JS libraries (see the Github Readme for links and licenses)
- Your CSV does not get uploaded to my server - it’s all in-browser.
- Only supports points for now.
It was a simple tool that I threw together. I hope you will find it useful.
A few random GeoJSON resources I found:
- The GeoJSON Spec
- GeoJSON Lint
- Mapping geoJSON Files on GitHub
- GeoJSON on Twitter (not official .. who is behind this?)
- GeoJSON from ArcGIS Server
I periodically write about technology, maps, open data, and other software topics. To get updates about new posts: